Monday, December 19, 2005

Conversation

It was evening. I had just returned to the hostel. I parked my cycle and was climbing up the stairs. I met this fellow who had joined recently to the hostel.

me: "Whats your name?"
Him: "Ghanshyam"

me: "Which department are you in?"
Ghanshyam: "MRC"

me: "Oh Ok.." (MRC means Materials Research Centre)
I began climbing the stairs...he followed me..

me:"Where is your room?"
GS:"No: 65"

Me: "Oh next to mine...."(Just to keep him along with the conversation..)
GS:"Yeah.."

I reach my room in the first floor...and open the door.He still stays with me..

Me: "By the Way what are you working on?"
GS: "Lithography of Galium arcenide substrate...."


Me:"What??"
GS:"Yeah, i do the patterning of the photoresist and deposit metal on top of it to build a IR sensor...blah blah blah.."

Me:"Ok Ok"
GS:"What about you?" (i knew newtons 3rd law works here too..)

Me:"MEMS"

GS:" You are from which college?"

Me:"MIT,manipal"
GS:"WHAT!!!"

Me:"M.I.T, manipal"
GS:" Oh!! i thought 'THAT'.....MIT"

Me:"What MIT???"
GS:"Masschse.......etc etc"

Me:" Good guess....ok then see you"
GS:"bye"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... that Massachut whatever is diluting 'our' MIT brand !!

Hithesh gattz said...

Go to do something for it....what do u say mukesh bhai....

Anonymous said...

Oi Gatz,
What's up at IISc? Hope everyone u know there is ok. Security procedures must be going on.

Apologies for using the blog to send u the message, but this seems the fastest way (u can delete this comment after reading it). Send maadi mail to my rediff account and let me know.