Monday, September 04, 2006

The Last Day


Thank You.
So a new canteen has been opened, our block getting renovated. The proudest block to live in because C.V.Raman stayed there. The E block.

Its 8:00am, friday. I got up early today somewhat, my roomie still sleeping. He had night shift. I reach for toothpaste : its empty. Well, whats a roomie for? I take my brush filled with toothpaste and walk towards bathroom. I realize that the bathroom has been under renovation because of the long lasting demands of the students to renovate the 80yr old bathroom..... i begin to wonder.. why does my post always contain a mention of bathroom??? anyways, i move on to the other side of the block.
Its 8:45am,friday.Next stop mess. Well i decided to do something different. I went to Coffee board, where they serve real good Idly Vadas.
Its 10:00am,Friday. i know ,i know for the rest of the day it will remain friday...but still. I am in lab now..National MEMS Design Centre.. recently our dudes have designed a new website for our lab..anyways, we clicked some pictures with our profs and all the lab members.... said goodbye to all of the guys.. Well very few labmates are remaining. Most of them have left either to US or they got good jobs.
12:30 friday, very special lunch for me.. rice, dal fry some more fry and then omlette... Take my place. Search for some familiar faces..
The rest of the day.. spend stuffing up my stuffs in the bag. No more football. No more IISc chicks (as if i had one).. no more sandwiches in faculty club... no more riding in bicycle.No more guys pestering for design problems...
Its 8:30pm Friday, i have completed stuffing almost all the materials. i reach for my back pack. one more paper left to put inside the bag. A copy of the resignation letter.
Its 9:00pm my bus is at 9:30 i figure out that it needs atleast 25min to reach the stop. i hurry up. The person puts all the luggage inside the bus. 8 more hours to reach home. Me see the busstop for the last time... Put the pillow underneath the head, reach the oblivion...
Yourz truly
Gattz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, very senti. Aren't you forgeting that ur heading off to the land of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, and Bugatti, not to mention some of the hottest women in the world?!

Send updates (and pics!).

Hithesh gattz said...

Hey mani, true true..and also pizzas and pastas..